-
December 20th, 2002, 10:25 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Okay. In the past I have used the PREPAID MAILERS to send of the Kodak EKTACHOMRE 125 film stock to be developed. It kinda states "KODACHROME and EKTACHROME film" on the mailer.
I get the roll back today (undevelopped), and even argue over the phone with several people that this IS Ektachrome movie film, and that the mailer says so on the label. The film cartridge says so, but they claim they do not & have never developed this before.
I try to tell them I am reading these words "EKTACHROME SUPER 8 MOVIE FILM" on both the film cartridge and the prepaid mailer.... but they claim they don't do that.
They recommend ROCKY MOUNTAIN FILM LAB, but they want $29.95 for developing the one roll and $4 shipping. That's the cost of 5 prepaid mailers...
Can someone explain this to me ? ANy similar experiences ?
-
December 21st, 2002, 12:48 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
I know that Yale develops Ektachrome. Pro 8mm I think also develops Ektachrome. I'm not sure about the Kodak lab and Ektachrome.
-
December 22nd, 2002, 11:44 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Are you really sure it says Ektachrome? You're absolutely positive?
I'm just kidding. That is messed up. I've had similar problems with them about mailers. Most of their operators aren't very knowledgeable in super-8.
D*mn shame.
-
December 25th, 2002, 05:29 AM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
I knew Kodak used to develop Kodachrome. I have not used Kodak Switzerland, ever. Simply because of the time it takes to develop film.
I presently use Yale for Ektachrome, and Dwaynes for Kodachrome.
-
December 25th, 2002, 11:37 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Hey,
My wife got me a couple of rolls of K-40 with processing for Christmas. She said the telemarketer at Kodak Manhattan said "Did you know that you have to send this to Switzerland??!!"
Doesn't anybody there know the score?
-
December 31st, 2002, 03:34 AM
#6
Inactive Member
The prepaid mailers simply state "EKTACHROME", but they specifically mean EKATACHROME 160 TYPE G, and not the EKTACHROME 125 currently available.
The KODACHROME 40 is stil being developped & covered by the prepaid mailers.
I have used them several times before, and already got my film back (under 3 weeks turn around time).
They did a FANATSTIC job with it, except the snipping of the heads & tails, but Kodak has been doing that for 40 years.
I have sent my single roll of Ektachrome 125 to PREP FILM SERVICES - $15 for developping and a 5-7 day turn around. After I get it back, I will review it here too.
After the telecine, I will let everyone know how it all turned out.
- Ross
www.sonnyboo.com
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks